Some Painesdale Scenes

1910 | B&W Photos, Painesdale Mine & Shaft |

The Champion Mine looking south. “B” Shaft in the foreground,followed by “C” and then “D” in the distance.

Painesdale’s Public square, taken from the High School and looking south-west. Elementary school sits to the right, with the Finlander Hall sitting at the back left. The house was home to the school superintendent and is the only building seen here still standing.

Another shot from the High School looking out over Painesdale’s public square, this time looking to the north-west. The church in the middle is the Albert Paine Memorial Church, still standing.

Unknown shot of school children, possibly taken in the High School.