The LaSalle Mine begin its life in 1880 as the Tecumseh, a struggling mine south of Osceola that made several failed attempts to mine both the Calumet and Osceola lodes. The mine’s prospects incredibly brightened with its effort at the Kearsarge Lode, where it sunk two shafts near the turn of the century. In 1906 the company re-organized as the LaSalle, a company that also acquired the Caldwell mine to its south. Several years later the new company was bought up by the C&H, which would go on to utilize the property for another decade. The mine closed for good in 1920.